Gifts That Make An Impact Now
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
IRA Charitable Rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and further our work of improving care and cures for patients with blood cancers. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to LLS so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support LLS download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and drive impact extending beyond just blood cancer.
Gifts of Stock & Other Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You get an income tax deduction for the full market value of donated securities that you have owned more than one year and you will avoid the capital gains tax on the appreciated value.
To transfer securities to LLS, please provide your broker with the following instructions, which will enable them to electronically transfer your stock to LLS:
LLS Federal Tax ID: 13-5644916
Broker: Wells Fargo Bank
DVP Agent: 94866
DTC Account: 2027
For mutual funds, to initiate the process, please ask your broker to contact us at 914-821-8414 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help coordinate the request.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to new targeted therapies for young patients with relapsed disease. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Donor Services
PO Box 98018
Washington DC 20090-8018
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.